Search for an Article
- 1kg pork scotch, cut into four long strips
- 2 Tbsp honey, warmed
- 8 small rolls
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, sliced finely
- ½ bunch of coriander, stems cut off
- Sriracha and Kewpie to serve
- ½ cup Char Siu sauce
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp Chinese five spice
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- Step 1Place all the sauce ingredients into a microwave safe bowl. Heat the sauce until warmed through. Mix thoroughly and set aside to cool.
- Step 2Set half the sauce aside. Place the remaining sauce in a large bowl and add the pork. Massage the sauce into the pork. Cover with cling film and return to the fridge. Leave the pork to marinate over night.
- Step 3Once the pork is done marinating, preheat your barbecue for 10 minutes for indirect cooking. Please refer to your included handbook for directions. Once the barbecue is preheated, leave on the high indirect cooking setting
- Step 4Cook the pork for 8 minutes. Baste both sides of the pork with the remaining sauce & continue to cook for a further 8 minutes.
- Step 5Baste the pork with the honey on both sides. Continue to cook the pork for another 2 minutes.
- Step 6Once the BBQ pork is cooked remove from the barbecue. Leave to rest for a couple of minutes.
- Step 7Thinly slice the pork and place in sliced bread rolls. Top with the cucumber, spring onion, chilli, coriander, Sriracha and Kewpie.