Search for an Article
- 100g butter, melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 150g strawberry jam, warmed
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup peanut putter
- 3/4 cup unsalted peanuts
- 40g dark chocolate, to drizzle (optional)
- Step 1Set your Q up for indirect cooking with a convection tray and trivet. Preheat your Q on HIGH. Please refer to your handbook for further instructions.
- Step 2Lightly grease a small Q Ware Frying Pan with butter.
- Step 3Combine the butter and brown sugar. Sift the baking powder and flour into the mixture. Stir until combined. Press the mixture into the base of the Q Ware Frying Pan.
- Step 4After the 10 minute preheat, set the barbecue to the roast setting. Please refer to your handbook for applicable barbecue settings. Bake in the Q for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Step 5While the base is cooking, place the condensed milk, peanut butter and peanuts in a bowl. Stir until combined.
- Step 6Remove the slice from the Q using the detachable handles and/or heatproof gloves. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Step 7Spread the warm strawberry jam evenly over the base. Pour the peanut mixture evenly over the jam.
- Step 8Return the slice to the Q for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are deep golden and the centre of the slice is just firm to touch.
- Step 9Cool completely in pan. Turn slice out onto a cooling rack and drizzle with melted dark chocolate (optional). Cut into pieces and serve.